Eligibility criteria - National Trade Program
This is a competitive multi-sector program.
- Be a registered South Australian business and a sole trader, company, partnership or trust.
- Have an ABN and be registered for GST.
- Have a market ready product.
- Need to be selling a retail product in South Australia either online or in store.
- Be prepared to undertake a bespoke program tailored by the Export Council of Australia with elements of self-paced online training modules, negotiated mentoring according to the needs of your company and buyer meetings over a five-month period. Note this program is meant to be completed while running your business. Commitment of around 8 hours per month will be expected although flexibility is incorporated into the program.
- Be prepared to participate in trade shows in Adelaide or interstate.
- Ability to send samples interstate to buyers.
- Be financially viable to meet cash funding requirements for entering a new market.
- Have business capability and drive that is likely to result in a positive interstate or future export outcome, providing benefits for SA.
- Have previously exported to overseas markets.
- Have interstate sales exceeding the value of $250,000.