ROUND CONCLUDED - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Applications must be submitted by 5:00PM CST on the close date in order to be considered. If you are logging in to resume a partially complete application, please note your saved progress is located in the dashboard. Saved applications are available for 20 days.
This is a competitive program that is awarded based on the merit of applications.
Applicants can receive the grant if they meet all the core program eligibility criteria, additionally; an applicant must also:
- Be new to international export
- Have an annual turnover between $50,000 and $1 million
- Be a registered South Australian business and a sole trader, company, partnership or trust
- Have an ABN and be registered for GST
- Have been actively trading for at least 12 months
- Have a tradeable, export-ready good or service that is made in South Australia (refer to page 13 of the SAEA Program Guidelines)
- Be able to enter into a legally binding funding agreement with the Government of South Australia
- Be willing to provide information and data, including financial information as required
- Be able to commit and contribute 1:1 matched funds towards the proposed costs
- Provide at least one set of recent full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian accounting standards, inclusive of but not limited to a balance sheet and profit and loss statement.
If successful, an Emerging Exporter Grant will only cover eligible costs incurred up to six months prior to, and 12 months following the closing date of the round in which the application is successful.
A new exporter is one that has had no direct international sales in the last five years.
As part of your application you will need to upload:
- An export plan of no more than 15 pages with details of your business export expansion or growth plans, including (but not limited to) a description of your business, your product/service, export market selection, market entry strategy, breakdown of costs, project milestones, and an explanation of how your business will create new jobs and/or increase export revenue
- Most recent set of full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian accounting standards, inclusive of but not limited to a balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Projections, budget or cashflow forecast for the next 12 months.
- Documentation must be provided at time of application
- There is a size limit of 5MB per document
- Your application will not be considered if these documents are not included, are not satisfactory or exceed document length
- Further documentation will not be accepted.